12.10.10

Screen printed Movie poster

I like this striking movie poster. The unusual choice of screen printing has enabled the designer to create this poster out of two bold colours, red and blue. I also like the use of layering to over lap the two colors slightly and create a deep purple as depth to the image. This printing process is also a means of reproducing many more copies with the same hand crafted look and quality.



MARCUS WALTERS, UK
“I chose Spirited Away, a film I have watched many times. The image was drawn partly from my own memories of the film and used simple paper cut outs to construct the silhoutted iconic images. The use of red and blue depict the central characters costume and the water featured throughout the film both of which are applied in water-based ink eluding to the dreamlike narrative of the story.”

No comments:

Post a Comment